Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS)
HKPFS provides extra financial support for awardees.
Fees and Financial Support
The application fee is HKD 300 per programme. The tuition fees for MPhil and PhD Programmes is HKD 42,100 per annum. The University provides Postgraduate Studentship (PGS) for all full-time MPhil and PhD students during their normative study period.
Starting from 1 July 2018, the HKSAR Government provides a tuition waiver for all local students enrolled in full-time CUHK Business School MPhil and PhD Programmes.
Research Grants and Awards
- Competitive Postgraduate Research Grants (up to HKD 20,000 per grant)
- Thesis Research Grants (up to HKD 30,000 per grant)
- Conference Funds (up to HKD 15,000 per academic year)
- Postgraduate Research Output Awards (University-level)
- Business School Postgraduate Research Output Awards (Faculty-level)
- Postgraduate Research Awards (Faculty-level)
- CUHK Young Scholars Thesis Awards
CUHK Business School sponsors MPhil and PhD students to present at academic conferences, conduct thesis-related research, and purchase research hardware and software. In the past few years, we have sponsored students to present at many international academic conferences, including:
- American Accounting Association Annual Meeting
- The Annual Congress of the European Accounting Association
- Association of International Business Conference Annual Meeting
- The Financial Management Association International Conference
- The INFORMS Society for Marketing Science Conference
- The INFORMS Annual Meeting
CUHK Business School also subscribed to many business databases to support research in different fields.
The University provides accommodation in the Postgraduate Hall for students taking full-time research programmes.
After accepting the admission offer and settling the admission deposit, students should register before commencing their studies.