Cheng, Chi Yeung
PhD student, Year 3
Department of Management
Family Business Advisory
- Publications & Working Papers
- Au, K., & Cheng, C.Y.J. (2015). AML–Hong Kong. In J. Hayton, C. Salvato, & M.J. Manimala (Eds.), Global Entrepreneurship: Case Studies of Entrepreneurial Firms Operating around the World (pp.51-66). Routledge.
- Au, K., King, R., & Cheng, C.Y.J. (2015). Reflection on ‘one-child policy’: Succession of love in Chinese family businesses. In Family Business Committee of the China Private Economy Research Team (Eds.), Chinese Family Business Succession Report (pp.245-252). China: CITIC Press.
- Cheng, C.Y.J., Ho, H.C.F., & Au, K. (2014). Transgenerational entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial learning: A case study of the Associated Engineers, Ltd. in Hong Kong. In P. Sharma & P. Sieger (Eds.), Exploring transgenerational entrepreneurship: The role of resources and capabilities (pp.62-87). Cheltenham, UK & Northampton, MA, USA: Edward Elgar.
- Cheng, C.Y.J., Au, K., & Ho, H.C.F. (2014). Entrepreneurial learning journey to the CEO suite: A case of a second-generation member in a Chinese family firm. In P. Sharma, M. Yusof, M. Parada, R. DeWitt, & N. Auletta (Eds.), Global STEP booklet: Volume II: Sustaining entrepreneurial family businesses: developing the core, expanding the boundaries (pp.33-36). STEP Summit Reports and Resources. Paper 13.
- Cheng, C.Y.J. (2014). An exploratory study of emotional affordance of a massive open online course. European Journal of Open, Distance and e‐Learning, 17(1), 43-55.
- Au, Y.F.K., & Cheng, C.Y.J. (2012). Opportunities in wealth management by venture philanthropy in family businesses. In W.S. Lo, H.C. Chong, & Y.F. Ng (Eds.), The CEC 35th Anniversary Essay Collection (pp.172-182). Hong Kong: China Review Academic Publishers.
- Au, Y.F.K., & Cheng, C.Y.J. (2011). Creating “The New” through portfolio entrepreneurship. In P. Sieger, R. Nason, P. Sharma, & T. Zellweger (Eds.), Global STEP booklet: Volume I: Evidence-based, practical insights for enterprising families (pp. 17-21). STEP Summit Reports and Resources. Paper 5.
- Cheung, Y.L., & Cheng, C.Y.J. (2007). Implementing writing-across-the-curriculum in Hong Kong: The challenges of a WAC tutor. TESL Reporter, 40(1), 17-34.
- Conference Presentations
- Cheng, C.Y.J. (2019). Technological Disruption: Next-gen Leadership, Career Pathways, and the Role of the Advisor. Presentation in the Main Conference, Family Firm Institute Global Conference 2019, Miami, United States.
- Cheng, C.Y.J., Sim, Y., Takei, K., & Tolentino, P. (2017). Western Approaches and Tools in Eastern Advisory Practices: Spark, Short Circuit, or Hybrid Grid? Presentation in the Main Conference, Family Firm Institute Global Conference 2017, Chicago, United States.
- Cheng, C.Y.J. (2015). Nurturing Legitimate Next Generation Leaders: Roles of Entrepreneurial Learning. Presentation in the Research and Education Symposium, Family Firm Institute Global Conference 2015, London, United Kingdom.
- Cheng, C.Y.J., & Au, K. (2012). How Western Governance Tools Advance Transgenerational Entrepreneurship in a Chinese Family Conglomerate? Presentation in the Asia Pacific Summit 2012, Successful Transgenerational Entrepreneurship Practices (STEP) Project, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Cheng, C.Y.J. (2012). Rising ‘Pink’ Capitalists, Falling Family Enterprises? A Career Planning Perspective in China. Presentation in the Research and Education Symposium, Family Firm Institute Global Conference 2012, Brussels, Belgium.
- Au, Y.F.K., Cheng, C.Y.J., & Lu, J. (2011). Co-developing the Ecology for Family Enterprising and Advising in Hong Kong and China. Presentation in the Research and Education Symposium, Family Firm Institute Annual Conference 2011, Boston, MA, United States.
- Awards & Honours
- Recipient, Fitzpatrick and Francis Family Business Continuity Foundation Scholarship, Family Firm Institute, United States, 2014
- ISCR-IMBA Directors’ Prize, Victoria International MBA, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 2010
- Teaching Experience
- Faculty, GEN501 Myths, Realities, and Trends in the Field of Family Enterprise, Global Education Network, Family Firm Institute
- Instructor (Part-time), The Asia-Pacific Institute of Business, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Tutor, Victoria International MBA Program, Victoria University of Wellington